Saturday, October 13, 2012

Fall Sugar Cookies

I have been making these for years, they are the perfect treat to celebrate the fall season. Simple to make, but a little time consuming and totally worth repeating the post....



Fall Sugar Cookies

  Mix up your favorite sugar cookie dough.  Divide into 3 - 4 sections (depending on how many colors you use).  Add food gel colors to the dough (I like the food gel colors, rather than plain food coloring, because the colors come out more vibrant and brighter).


I made yellow, orange, red and brown

Take a few handfuls of each dough color and roll them out together on a lightly floured surface.  Use leaf shaped or acorn shaped cookie cutters. 

 
 Then sprinkle with a little sugar. I used brownish gold glittery sugar crystals that I found at the candy/cake store. 


Don't they almost look too pretty to eat?

 
I did say almost, right?
 
 
 

1 comment:

Emmy said...

Those are so cute!! Love them