Friday, June 08, 2012

Not Giving Up.....

I just finished my 6th week of Nutrisystem.

I didn't lose a single pound this week.

I'm a wee bit frustrated and disappointed...but Rich reminded me again that everyone plateaus.

Herein lies the challenge for me, I would have given up and quit by now, if it weren't for the support Rich and my children are giving me.  Each night when I don't feel like walking the kids are putting their shoes on and asking me how far we are going.  And when I still want to give up, I see CoCo standing by the door with her leash in her mouth looking at me.

Now, how can I say no to that?!?

I say I would have given up, because I have done this so many times before.  And anytime I got stuck and stopped losing weight, I would quit.  I'd stop walking, stop eating the foods and start sneaking the junk food back in,  Eventually, I would gain the weight back and feel sick to myself and frustrated that I didn't succeed or believe in myself.

How sad that we (and I'm pretty sure, that I am not the only one who feels this way) do this to ourselves.  I'm lucky in the fact that my family is backing me up.  They want to see me succeed almost as much as I do.  And they are relentless.

So, while I didn't lose any weight this week, I also didn't lose hope.

And for that I'm thankful!


Celebrating the loses - each and every one!





  • 4/27/12 - 180 (starting weight)
  • 5/04/12 - 175 (week one)
  • 5/11/12 - 174 (week two)
  • 5/18/12 - 172 (week three)
  • 5/25/12 - 170 (week four)
  • 6/01/12 - 169 (week five)
  • 6/08/12 - 169 (week six)



  • Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting http://www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog



    *Disclosure ~ I am receiving access to the website and food in exchange for reviewing the diet plan. All opinions herein are my own and not influenced by Nutrisystem.

    3 comments:

    Unknown said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    Unknown said...

    We don't know each other, but you just touched my heart and I wish you the best. Keep walking sweetheart. Every day. Have talks with Coco, your husband and your kids. Take that time to talk to yourself if you have to. There is no better time in life than when you are alone and can think. Take it and hold it. Especially if it means your health.

    Keep trying- regardless of the numbers on the scale. You're more than halfway there. You have a routine. Walk just a bit farther for me tonight cause I'd give you a hug.

    I just drove my mom around. She's about 65. Young in the grand scheme of life in a developed Western country such as the US. She came off oxygen at night a few months ago, but I know she'll go back on it as soon as the doctor eventually does another test. Her weight has destroyed her knees. She has pain when she walks and she struggles with it. She needs a double knee replacement, but the "risks are higher than the benefits right now." Maybe she'll have one and then another, but I doubt it. Knee replacement surgery is only successful if you really follow up with all the PT. One physician has told her that she'll never heal well because of her age.

    If you want a support person- I'll be there. Personally. I have my own issues, but I'd be there. You are already walking. Keep going. With Coco, your husband and the kids.
    Tracy.Crawford.TC@gmail.com

    Oh yeah. I bounced here roundabout from pinterest and I need to pay bills!

    (Hope this is not double posting. Interface is weird.)

    Unknown said...

    This was a great post and you would never believe that this inspired me about a few things in my own life that have nothing to do with weight (though thats next on my list). Thanks for the inspiration =]