Thursday, October 07, 2010

Moms That Blog (The Interviews)

*Please note: I took a little break from doing these.  Since school started I haven't had alot of time to put these together, but now that we have gotten into a routine of sorts, I'll be starting them back up.


Introducing......Leah - She's a mother of six and a stay at home mom.  She also homeschools her children.  She has some really great crafts and projects posted on her blog.  She makes homeschooling look like a lot of fun and that's what makes her a great Mom That Blogs!


Tell us a bit about yourself.......I'm a stay at home/homeschool mother of six, living in a small town in Montana. We've lived in Montana for around six years, and before that we were in western Oregon.  I love children and learning, and am inspired by things that bring the two together. 

When did you first start blogging.......I started blogging just over a year ago, after spending a number of years reading, and enjoying blogs, without ever knowing what they were.

What is your blog about.......Almost Unschoolers is a blend of crafts, science projects, reading recommendations, and recipes, along with occasional thoughts about homeschooling, and life in general.

Why do you blog.........I started out blogging, to find out more about the process, and to stretch myself, with a daily writing exercise - something to keep my mind from turning to mush. But, as I've gotten into the swing of things, I've really come to appreciate the open exchange of information, and friendship I've found in the blogging world.

Must read blogs that you visit daily.........I participate in several weekly link-ups, hosted on blogs, that I read regularly, and draw quite a bit of inspiration from. There's "Math Monday" at Joyful Learner, a "History and Geography" link-up at Children Grow, Children Learn, Children Explore, the "stART", story + ART, link-up at A Mommy's Adventures, "What My Child is Reading" at Mouse Grows, Mouse Learns, and "Science Sunday" at Adventures in Mommydom. I also occasionally join in the "Friday Field Trip", and "Wordless Wednesday" link-ups, at Live the Adventure, and 5 Minutes for Mom. That sounds like a lot of linking, I know, but I really enjoy seeing all the creative projects, and reading suggestions, that everyone brings each week. And, I've made some great friends, at these link-ups, and blog hops, too.

Anything else you'd like to add........I hope you'll stop by Almost Unschoolers from time to time, and join us in some of the fun, craziness, and learning, that I'm privileged to share, each day.  It's great to be a homeschooler.

You can learn more about Leah by checking out her blog at Almost Unschoolers.

9 comments:

TornadoTwos said...

I always feel so inspired by homeschooling moms! I do preschool with my youngest 3 at home right now, but I don't know how far I will take it. The hardest part for me is finding the time to make it a part of our daily schedule. I'm impressed!

Brimful Curiosities said...

There's always something new and fun to read on Almost Unschoolers!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Thanks for the interview!

Jackie said...

Sounds like a great blog! I'm always looking for new ideas on things to do with my son. Going to check it out!

Ticia said...

I love reading her blog, it's one of my favorites.

Debbie said...

Leah's blog is a must read everyday here. I get some of the greatest inspiration and ideas from her. She has also been very helpful when it comes to answering questions concerning children in general or in homeschooling.

Michelle Gibson said...

Great interview! I didn't know she was from Montana ~ I grew up there and we have property there now. Always love her approach to science ~ my fav!

April said...

I just started reading her blog recently and she has tons and tons of ideas. Love it.

Christy Killoran said...

Leah's blog is fantastic. I have tried so many of her ideas. At least twice a month, I find myself linking back to her blog.

Great interview!