Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Holy Tomatoes Batman!!

I really, really wanted to can tomatoes this year.  Our good friend Lew gave us 12 tomato plants to plant in our garden and I ended up with 2 plus strainers full so far.  They are still doing well and growing.  But I didn't feel like it was enough to can.  Every Sunday during football season, Rich watches the game with his good friend Vince.  When the game was over, Rich came home and told me that Vince had bought a bushel full of tomatoes and canned them.  So I called Terri (Vince's wife) and asked her where Vince had gotten the tomatoes from.  The next day at work (yes, Terri and I work at the same place), Terri told me the Vince said he would pick the tomatoes for me, since it was a pick your own farm.  I thought that was really nice of him....but then he always has been a nice guy.  Tonight I was at work and Sarah sent me a message that Vince came by and dropped off my tomatoes and she sent me this pic.


Needless to say, I'm going to be VERY busy the next few days LOL!  Thanks Vince!


Linking to Tuesday's Blog Hops


Photobucket


Tuesday Tag-Along

10 comments:

Stacie said...

Oh my I am reliving a tomato nightmare!! J/k that's a lot of tomatoes. My mom brought 4 grocery bags full of them. We made salsa and Spaghetti sauce and then I ran out of energy for the last bag. I had to throw half the bag away because some seemed like they rotted and gotten too soft. It was a fun experience though it was my first time canning. Have fun canning them :)

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the first year I had pumpkins in my garden. I was giving them away by the boxful!

Stopping by from SITS to say hello. Your family is beautiful!

Amy said...

Stopping in from Tuesday Tag-Along! Have fun canning all of those!

Taryn said...

Also stopping by from Tuesday Tag-Along ... that is a TON of tomatoes! ;)

TheCraftBarn said...

Following you back! Have fun with the tomatoes!

Chubskulit Rose said...

That's a lot of tomatoes.

Hi, I am a new follower from Tuesday Tag Along. Hope you can drop by and follow any of my sites below, thanks!.
Etcerera Etcetera
Spice Up Your Life
Nostalgic Marveling
Obstacles & Glories

Emmy said...

Wow! That is a lot of tomatoes!

Romanian Princess said...

Just following you from Follow Me Back Tuesday! Your blog is so cute! Please follow me back @ www.romanianprincess.com

Thanks, Nicole Mariana

Kuppy said...

Hey! Thank you for following my blog!!! Yours is so cute, and I love your new profile pic! Saucy lady! ::Kristin::

Unknown said...

Hi I'm following you from 'Follow Tuesdays'. That is a whole crap load of tomatoes, maybe you can make tomato soup and freeze it for winter!!!! Send some to me.....You can follow me back @ www.happychaoticfamily.com