Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Pics of the First Day of School


Don't they look So Happy?!



Chocolate Chip Pancakes (Our traditional pancake breakfast on the first day of school)


Zachary - first day of 7th grade


Sarah - first day of 7th grade


The twins - first day of junior high


Anthony - first day of 11th grade


Nathan - first day of kindergarten


Nicholas - first day of 3rd grade

I didn't get any pics of Amanda by herself.   She was in a bad mood, because everyone kept telling her to hurry up....she was driving the older kids to school.  Now that she has a car (that she has to share with Anthony), she wants to drive to school every day.  This is her Senior year of high school!



Off they go....


Me and Nathan (excuse the "no make up" look - I didn't want my mascara to run when I cried)


Nope, not gonna cry - no way, no how!



Outside the kindergarten classrooms



Nicholas with his teacher Mrs. Bristor


Nathan with his teacher Mrs. Ferek


Starting to get nervous...


This picture just about breaks my heart....


*Update on Nathan's first day - He came home with a big smile on his face and told us he had a great day.  He played with one of his buddies (our neighbor down the street).   I asked him if he cried and he said "just a little bit."
His teacher's assistant is another neighbor, so today when I dropped him off she was waiting at the end of the hallway.  He was happy to see her and she walked him to the classroom without a glance back at me.  But not before he asked for his 'kissing hand' - something we do when I have to work. 

I think this is going to work afterall.

After School Treats


Cupcakes


Watermelon Cookies (sugar cookies) - I wasn't thrilled with how these turned out, but the idea of them was cute.

7 comments:

Meghan said...

I love that all their faces are like Mom geez enough with the pictures!

Angela said...

I think my day tomorrow is crazy with a big interview, and 3 different schools! What will the babies and I do?!! Love to read about your big family! Love the pics! Even the not so happy one!

Tracy - A Maui Mommy said...

Too cute!! I'm a high school teacher so I'm all too familiar with the "Ugh stop taking so many pictures, the first day of school is not that exciting" look. hehe...

Oh but Nathan's pictures are so precious! He looks so excited for school. Definitely a big difference from a 12 grader's expression. :-)

Jayda said...

adorable. My eldest starts her first day of kindergarten on the 13th..so nervous but i love the traditions you have and will have to think of some for us too.

new follower from welcome wednesday

http://twochildrenandamigraine.blogspot.com/

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

Nathan is sooo cute because he can't keep from smiling in those first shots. I'm glad he had fun and you made it through too!

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

Nathan is sooo cute because he can't keep from smiling in those first shots. I'm glad he had fun and you made it through too!

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

So sweet! How funny with the first day "smiles!"