Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Moms That Blog (The Interviews)

Introducing........Jackie - She's a coupon savvy,  full time working mother of one.  She still manages to find time to read and support her fellow blogging moms...And that's what makes her a great Mom That Blogs!


Tell us a bit about yourself.........I have a wonderful husband and a beautiful little boy. We've lived in the same city all our lives, but my husband and I hope to move down South when we retire many, many years from now. I really dislike all seasons except for Summer, and I would not miss the snow AT ALL if we ever do move. My husband and I have been married for 5 years, but together for 12 years. My wedding was one of the happiest moments of my life. I planned everything all on my own. I was overwhelmed, but the day was perfect.

My son was born a year later and that was another one of my happiest days ever. Prior to getting married, I never saw myself as a mother. I was never the type to sit and play with kids, I never did the whole baby talking to babies, or anything motherlike at all. But, once he was born that all changed. I thought I knew what love was when I met my husband, but I really knew once my son was born. It's amazing to see how he's changed and learned new things throughout the years. Being a mother is very rewarding, but very, very hard too especially when I work full time. I'm still trying to find a good balance with everything.


When did you first start blogging..........I started blogging in January of 2010. I started because I wanted to do something on my own. I'm HORRIBLE when it comes to using computers or with technology in general so I decided to jump in and learn what this was about. I'm glad I did because I really enjoy it. I've made some really great friends through blogging.


What is your blog about.........My blog is about my family and my hobby, which is couponing. I originally started it to post my shopping trips and coupon tips. But then I started reading other blogs and thought it would be great to blog about my family instead. So, my blog is pretty much a record of everything we've been up to. I still add some shopping trips every now and then.


Why do you blog........I blog because it makes me happy. This is something I started on my own, and I'm proud of it. Also, I am a really quiet person in real life so blogging helps me write what I think and feel.


Must read blogs that you visit daily........Here are some of my favorites, there's many more listed on my blog roll.


Adventures-in-Mommy-Land
I've been thinking
Free2bmommy
Long Wait for Isabella
Learning as the Grow
Not Mommy of the Year
 
What inspires you..........My family and just wanting to accomplish things on my own.


You can read more about Jackie by checking out her blog at My Perfect Little World

8 comments:

Lothiriel said...

I love Jackie's blog!!! I love her meals under $5 posts!!! She's awesomeness!!!

Jackie said...

Thanks for featuring me Charlene! I love your blog!!

Alison @ Educational Creations said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alison @ Educational Creations said...

I'm a new follower from Welcome Wednesday, #112 Itsy Bitsy Learners.

Please stop by and follow back:
http://www.itsybitsylearning.blogspot.com

Have a great day!

LaVonne said...

I love this interview. And Jackie mentioned my blog which was very sweet of her!

This is fun, this interview. What a great thing to feature for the readers.

I might just have to interview someone on my blog. :)

Blessing!

Eastlyn and co. said...

Great post. Can't wait to visit Jackie's blog and read more...especially about $5 meals. -EW

Jennifer @ The Mommy Mambo said...

As a mom of multiples + 1, I could use a few discounts! Great site! (both of you!)

Kristy K said...

I can't believe I missed this post Char! For a while, your blog wasn't showing up on my facebook, so I didn't think you had a new one up.

I love Jackie's blog! She's beautiful inside and out and so REAL.