Tuesday, June 15, 2010

La La Laaa......Lasagna (My Recipe)


I have been making lasagna for years.  My family LOVES it (except for Amanda, she doesn't like ricotta cheese - I know, what kind of Italian is she?!).  It is probably one of the easiest, throw together meals ever.  If you have a big family make one big dish.  If you have a smaller family make two; eat one, freeze one (use two 8x8 pans).  Lasagna freezes really well. Just bake, freeze it and pull it out on a busy night, pop it in the microwave for a few minutes and serve.

Ingredients:
2 bags shredded mozzarella cheese
1 bag Italian shredded cheese (provolone, mozzarella)
Parmesan cheese
1 small box frozen, choppen spinach (thawed)
2 eggs
1 46 oz. container ricotta cheese
Parsely
Spaghetti sauce
Cooked lasagna noodles

*If you don't like spinach, just don't add it in.  I do like to add it, because it really doesn't make that big of a difference taste wise and it gives me a chance to throw a veggie in the mix.


Heat oven to 350*  Mix together in a big bowl - 1 bag of the mozzarella cheese, the Italian cheese, some parmesan cheese (about 1 cup), spinach, ricotta cheese, 2 eggs, some parsely.


In a 9x13 inch baking dish.....let the layering begin! Sauce, Noodles, Sauce, Ricotta Cheese Mixture - Repeat. 



When you get to the last layer sprinkle the remaining bag of mozzarella cheese on top and Bake for an hour.


Yummy!
By the way, I use pretty much the same ricotta cheese mixture for my manicotti and stuffed shells too. 

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Mine never comes out looking that yummy! I think my hubby gets impatient before it has time to brown up. ;)

Cheryl said...

Hi! I have awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award... Stop by and pick it up when you get a chance.
http://1craftymomand2ornerykids.blogspot.com/2010/06/you-like-me-you-really-like-me.html