Friday, April 23, 2010

Pure Heavenly Goodness

Truffle Cake


Oh My Gosh......was this ever good.  I swear my kids don't have any taste though.  Or, no appreciation for rich, deep chocolaty flavor.  This is majorly fattening....(once you see what the ingredients are, you will agree), but it was worth it - Ha!  The recipe says that it's 252 calories a slice (serves 18)....Yikes!


Ingredients:
3 cups of (18 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
2 sticks of butter
6 large eggs, at room temp

Directions:
Heat oven to 425*.   Coat an 8x3 in cake pan with nonstick spray.  Line bottom with wax paper; spray paper.  Have a larger roasting pan ready.

Melt chips and butter together; stir until will blended.

Beat eggs in a large bowl with mixer on high for 7 mins or until tripled and soft peaks form.  Fold in chocolate mixture until blended. Pour into cake pan.

Place large roasting pan in oven; place cake pan inside.  Pour boiling water into roasting pan to come halfway up sides of cake pan.  Cover cake pan loosely with foil; Bake 40 mins.  (Cake looks soft but sets when cold).

Cool cake in pan on wire rack.  Cover and refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.  Invert on serving platter; shake down sharply to release cake.  Peel off paper.

If desired, lay 3/4 in wide strips of paper in a criss cross pattern on cake.  Sift powder sugar on top.


10 comments:

CATE said...

*groan* I have only just eaten, yet my mouth is watering again, looks yummy.

Kristi {at} Live and Love...Out Loud said...

What a sinfully delicious looking cake! Who cares about the calories. It looks divine!
Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest! Stop by my place when you get a chance. I'm starting a new blog carnival called "OH NO HE DIDN'T!" TUESDAY and I'm so excited. I'd love for you to participate if it something you think you'd enjoy. Have a great day!

Kristi, Live and Love...Out Loud
@TweetingMama

extreme personal measures said...

Following and visiting you from Friday Follow! Hope you visit us back and return the favor! Thank you!


Stop by and enter a giveaway for Rachael Ray Bakeware:
http://extremepersonalmeasures.blogspot.com/2010/04/do-you-know-about-family-of-csn-stores.html

Rachel said...

WOW, now that is a CAKE! Who has room for flour with all those chocolate chips and all that butter? That's what I'm talkin about!

Sharon's New Life said...

This looks YUMMY!
I'm your latest follower through FF! I hope you'll stop by my blog at http://scfitz1972.blogspot.com and say hello.
Sharon

Unknown said...

My mind is saying YES....my thighs are saying NO! Looks yum-o though :)

Following you now from Friday Follow. (I'm a little behind!) haha Hope you'll stop by and follow me back!

Sarah
http://lewiscrazyhouse.blogspot.com

Yellow House Knits said...

That cake looks absolutely divine! Looking forward to reading more of your blog. Thanks for stopping by the Yellow House.

Lift Like A Mom said...

Okay! This looks deadly and delicious! Have to make this now :)

Hope you have a great week!

cheri said...

oh man. you're making me crave cake at 330am! :) must have cake this weekend *rubs hands in anticipation*

shuttling in from SITS :)

Cheryl said...

OMG! This looks awesome! And no flour? Cool. Can I say it's gluten free and make it SOUND healthier?
Thanks for sharing this.
I'm just not sure that I can convince the hubby that it's supposed to serve 18!

Stopping by from SITS