Tuesday, November 03, 2009

I Don't Think I Can Roll My Eyes That Far Back in My Head For This.....

This morning as I was taking Amanda to school (since she missed her darn bus), I heard this rumbling sound coming from the back of the van. I made Amanda get out and look to see if I ran over something. When she didn't see anything, we kept on going. Every time we went around a corner or stopped at a stop sign, I heard the noise again. We looked all over the van and didn't see anything that could possibly be making any noise. So I kept driving (probably not a really smart idea, if you really think about it, but I'm a girl and we don't really think about those things, right?).



Finally, a lightbulb went off over my head and I realized that the something must be coming from on top of the van (I have the luggage rack on top of my van). Amanda looked up there when I got to the school and low and behold - what did she find?



Of all things, there was a baseball bat up there. One of the boys must have put it up there. They do the darndest things, those boys!!!

On Saturday, Amanda and Anthony had a school related activity to go too and when I went to pick them up Amanda was talking in a whisper and complaining she was sick. Ok, then Sunday rolls around and we're getting ready for church and Amanda asks if she can stay home since she was sick. I said sure (I certainly don't want her spreading her sickie germs all over the church).



Later that night, what do think she asks me if she can do? Never gonna guess....Not in a million years, I'm sure....Did you guess yet?

She asked me if she could go out with her boyfriend, Tyler. I said "No, you were to sick to even go to church this morning, you are not going out tonight." Her reply..."I feel better now." Um, yeah....whatever.

2 comments:

CynthiaK said...

Yep, girls are great like that. :)

That's hilarious about the bat on your roof! LOL!

Corrie Howe said...

Not just girls...teenage boys too. Loved the bat on top of the van. Everyday I'm amazed at what my kids do. Take today as an example, Jonathan has hung his pillow on his chin up bar in his doorway. I don't know why. I'll have to ask him when he gets home. I'm sure there is a "logical" reason.