Friday, October 23, 2009

One hard job down....

Well, we got all of the border down in the older boys room. I did over half of it and then decided to start working on another room. Anthony got mad at me when I told him he could finish it. In my defense, they really didn't have that much left to do (and the other room was floor to ceiling wallpaper) and he hadn't helped do any of it, he basically just sat there watching me do it. Hey, it's your room buddy, I'm thinking it won't kill you to scrub some wallpaper border off the wall.




Now it just needs to be painted and maybe have the carpet replaced at some point.

Here is the other room so far....three of the walls just had one layer of wallpaper and it came off rather easily.




Then I got to the fourth wall which had another layer under it, which has been a pain in my side getting off. Luckily the girls are eager to get into their new room so they have been helping out by stripping the paper, scrubbing down the walls and painting the trim. It's coming along, just need to move a little faster.



I feel relieved to some degree that things are finally coming together in this house. It's been 5 years since we've moved here and the kids have been beating this poor house to death. But it's starting to shape up again and that makes me feel better.

1 comment:

Corrie Howe said...

When I married my husband, he already had the house. He had it built with the idea that he'd be transfered by the military in a few years. He wasn't married but knew a four bedroom, three bath, two garage and wooded lot would sell easier.

He only had the contractor grade stuff put into the house. And then surprise. God led me to him and we married. Then the military left us here but always threatened to move us. After six years he retired from the military and we stayed in the house. I finally got to paint and do all the things I'd been wanting to do. Now it's been five years and the paint really needs to be done again because between my three kids, their friends and our weekly bible studies and our annual vacation bible school out of our house...well....they can do a lot of damage. :-)