Monday, April 13, 2009

Seeing Stars.....



I don't know how big of a trend this has become, but around here, there seems to be an epidemic of stars exploding onto houses. Not real explosions of stars....but more like everyone has one hanging on the outside of their house, usually big red ones. I don't really understand what the big deal is, or why everyone is doing it, but I can tell you what it makes me think (in my ever increasing quirkiness).

Most people know the story in the Bible about the plagues and commandments, I think? As a punishment, because Pharaoh wouldn't let God's people go...God said he would take/kill the first born son of the Pharaoh and anyone else that doesn't have lamb's blood smeared on their door frames. Well, everytime I drive past houses that have these big red stars on them, I think of that story. Like, do these people know something that I don't know?

I know it's just some silly fad that people started as a decoration for their house. And everyone liked it, so they all copied it (and one day my house will be the neat individual one, because I didn't follow the trend)....but, sometimes I can't help thinking it to myself....

I know, I'm weird.....no reason to tell me so!

1 comment:

Mary K Brennan said...

I don't quite get it either. There are more than a few stars hanging in my neighborhood too. Even if I wanted one, the thought of climbing 16 feet up a ladder with only a 4 and 5 year old to spot me leaves me anxious. Why not start a new trend...like a moon?