Wednesday, September 10, 2008

High School Open House

The Open House was from 6-8 p.m. And I really meant to leave on time, but sometimes life gets in the way (we didn't get there until 7). Last year I didn't even get to go, because I had to work. Even though Amanda and Anthony are older, they still want me to go to these things. Validation, maybe? Or maybe they just want to know that I care about them and what they are doing. I may not understand half of their school and homework, but I do show an interest. Usually it's like listening to Rich talk. I love listening to his voice, but I don't have a clue about what he's talking about.

Mostly all I did was walk in the room, say hi and sign a paper that said I was there. All the teachers that I did stop by and see, all said the same things. Amanda and Anthony are very studious. Amanda is very quiet (I find that hard to believe). Anthony always has his homework done. Amanda and Anthony are highly intelligent (doesn't that show on their genius level IQ tests?). Amanda and Anthony are excellent students. Amanda and Anthony are very nice.

All of those things I've heard a thousand times before, but it still brings a smile to my face when I hear them. I am very fortunate to have such happy, healthy and really smart kids. All of the kids are so smart that it scares me. Really it does! When we get their state test scores in the mail, I just shake my head in astonishment that they score in the highest bracket every time. Even Nicholas, who was in kindergarten last year.

I am pleased with the reports I got last night. I'm glad I went. I didn't take any pictures because there wasn't enough time. My only disappointment was - more than half of the kids' teachers are younger than me!! I mean some of them looked like children compared to me. Man, I hate getting old!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky to have such wonderful kids!