Friday, August 08, 2008

What a shocking surprise!

Every year since Sarah and Zachary started school they have been in the same classroom. When they were getting ready for kindergarten the principal called me and asked if I would like them in the same or separate rooms. I had requested that they be in the same class. After that, they just automatically put them together, I think one other time the school called to ask.

This time no one asked. They just separated them. I'm so surprised and I don't really know how I feel about it. I liked that they were together. They always had the same homework, so I knew what they had to do. There wasn't any competition between them. And they liked to be with each other.

They are really shocked. Sarah said, she would like to try it, but she doesn't know if she'll like it. Zachary said the same thing. I feel kind of sad knowing they won't be there for each other like they always have been. But, who knows maybe it will be a good thing?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe this will be a good thing for them. It will help them built an identity separate from each other. I'm sure once they get settled into a routine they'll be fine.

~B. said...

Awww. I hope that the transition goes smoother than you could ever have predicted. Keep us posted.