Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christmas is a week away!

You would think that after my last post about Christmas that I would be freaking out knowing that Christmas is only a week away. But I'm not! Today, I feel amazingly calm. I think that part of it is I have to work today, so my mind is occupied with that. And part of it is the fact that we don't have any money until Thursday when I get paid and more money comes in from other sources. So it's not like I can panic over presents when I can't buy them anyway. I can't make the cookies when I'm working, so there is no need to panic over that either. Besides if I made them, they would be gone in a day in my house, so it's probably a good thing I'm waiting to make them. Plus, some of them require ingredients that I don't have and would need to go to the store to buy anyway (and we don't have money for that right now).

Normally we would be okay financially, but the holidays are kicking us in the ass. We have been buying almost everything in cash. We did use one or two cards, but nothing to worry about. Rich is so good with money anyway, which is why we can afford the things we do. But Christmas with six kids is expensive, especially when we had decided to buy some pretty pricey stuff this year.

I'm sure we could have gotten away with less, but last year we really didn't get them that much. Not because we didn't have the money, but we were trying to teach them a lesson. They were so obnoxiously bad last year, it would of been a sin to get them a lot of presents. So we basically got things they needed and bought a few games to make up for the ones they lost or broke. I mean they were so bad as in a window had gotten broken, because someone threw a toy at it in anger. None of them did their chores worth a damn, among many other things. So with last year being so slim, we decided to go all out this year. I'm not sure they deserve it, but I guess no one broke a window this year.

I will probably start panicking again tomorrow or at the very least Friday. But today I'm not freaking out over anything!

No comments: