Friday, September 28, 2007

Update on Nicholas Re: tonsils and adenoids

So this summer, Nicholas had his tonsils and adenoids removed. He did really well, a good bit of whinning during his recovery, lots and lots of popsicles and ice-cream, Scooby movies and books. He is feeling fine now, I have not noticed any snoring, apnea, sleep walking or anything like that. He stills breathes alittle loud on occasion, but nothing like before.

We took him to the hospital on Wednesday, and the doc said he looks great. He does have some fluid in his left ear, so we have to go back in 6 weeks to get that checked out, but so far so good. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he doesn't have to have tubes put in his ears. The kid has already had 2 surgeries in five years. Not to mention a heart murmur due to a hole in his heart (it eventually closed on its own before he turned 6 months old). I just want my baby to be okay -- no more problems, please!!!

2 comments:

TxGambit said...

Wow, he sounds a bit like my oldest son. That kid was always having something going on.

Hugs! Hope he doesn't have to have tubes.... but for what its worth, that surgery is super easy! We were suppose to stay after for X amount of time.... after about 30 mins, he was recovered enough they asked us (politely) to leave....

Denise said...

Poor little man. I hope his ears will be ok.