Friday, September 21, 2007

Same old, same old

Not much going on today, just basic everyday stuff. I need to go to the grocery store, clean, do laundry, etc. I don't have to work today, so that will be nice to get things done, without a time limit.

The other day I left the mess. I just didn't care. So I didn't do anything, no dishes, no garbage, no kids chores, just mommy chores. Thinking when Amanda came home she would see that there wasn't any little blue dish fairies doing her work for her. I figured she would clean it up, knowing she gets allowance based on what she does. She didn't touch a thing. Not only that, there was even more of a mess. So when I got home at midnight, I woke her up and made her do it then. She was not happy with me, but I didn't care. Yesterday, I only had to tell her once and she did them all and cleaned some more without my asking her too. It was nice not to have to yell.

Today, I want to clean out the garage and dig out my fall/halloween decorations. I love this time of year, especially halloween. It's so much fun! I love going to the farm and picking out pumpkins. I usually get a couple of those and two corn stalks, plus a bale of hay. The farmer is really nice and helps load up the car if he's around. Sometimes, he's not and there is an honor system. He has prices for everything listed and you just write down what you took and leave the money in a big jar. I discovered this about two years or so ago. A friend of ours told me about it. What's funny about that is, this friend didn't grow up around here, but I did and never knew about this place, LOL! Shows how much I pay attention to things!

1 comment:

Denise said...

You go mama!!! Hey what ever it takes to get them to do their job. (I never thought of waking them up if they went to be w/o doing their chores, good idea!!)